Gifts to the Green Brigade Marching Band directly support the operations of the band as well as our world-class students. By making a gift of any size to the Green Brigade, you are enabling our excellence on and off the field — allowing us to continue our great tradition for years to come.
The Green Brigade Alumni Fund:
Alumni who contribute to the Green Brigade Alumni Fund will be pleased to know that their generous gift will continue to build a financial resource for the Green Brigade to go toward the purchase of needed instruments and equipment. Those who currently give to the University's Annual Fund, or would like to assist the Band are asked to consider giving directly to the Green Brigade Alumni Fund. Contributions receive the same tax advantages as any other contribution to the University and will go directly to helping the Band members of today and the future. We are deeply grateful to those who make so much possible through their generosity.
"Sponsor a Uniform"
For a $500 donation, alumni, parents, and friends of the band can sponsor a new marching band uniform and keep the Green Brigade looking its best. Sponsors' names are engraved on a plaque that is displayed in the Wind Studies Office at the Murchison Performing Arts Center. In recognition of our thanks for your donation, if you would like, we will send you a previous Green Brigade shako and jacket - your very own commemorative piece of history! Please include this memo in the "Why did you choose to support..." box at the link above.
"Sponsor an Instrument"
A plaque will be attached to all sponsored instruments with the donor name listed. Those who are looking for a way to help out the Band in an immediate and tangible way may consider sponsoring an instrument. This donation will fund the purchase of a new instrument for the band. The instrument’s case will have a permanent brass plate attached with the name of the donor. Please include this memo in the "Why did you choose to support..." box at the link above. Suggested giving levels for sponsoring an instrument are:
- $15 - Can provide one pair of drumline drumsticks
- $100 - Can provide 1-2 new mouthpieces for a GB instrument
- $500 - Can provide a new clarinet
- $750 - Can provide a new piccolo or a drumline instrument
- $1250 - Can provide a new mellophone
- $1500 - Can provide a new trombone
- $2000 - Can provide a new trumpet, saxophone, or marching baritone
- $5000 - Can provide a new front ensemble keyboard
- $7500 - Can provide a new sousaphone
Other Common Green Brigade Expenditures
Every gift makes a difference. We would be honored if you would consider assisting us with other common costs:
- $50 - Can provide a "smart lyre" and drill app subscription for one student
- $500 - Can provide the arrangement license for one title in a halftime show
- $5000 - Can provide lunch for the whole band on a gameday
- $20000 - This is the average cost to travel to one away game to support the Mean Green!
Your gift, no matter the size, provides support, removes obstacles, and opens the doors for the Green Brigade students and faculty. Thank you for your generosity.